The purpose of the Virtual Patient Group is to establish a system of communication with registered patients in the Practice so that their views and concerns are fed back. We also aim for our patients and virtual patient group members to have a better understanding and knowledge of the Practice, its staff and its viewpoint.
THE KEY POINTS
- The group will aim to represent the diversity of our practice population;
- Create and improve communication between patients, the Practice and the community it serves;
- To bring a sense of partnership between Practice and patients;
- Provide an avenue for patients’ input in the way facilities and services are planned and executed, to add humanity to, and influence those services;
- Provide constructive feedback on patient and community needs, concerns and interests;
- Support the Practice in good health promotions, preventative medicine and health literacy.
- Collect patient opinions and experiences to help the Practice to evaluate its services.
- Communicate to the Practice community and/or the wider community information about the Practice;
- The practice does not expect membership of the group to take up too much of our members’ time, unless members choose to give more;
- Members of the group may be asked to complete brief online surveys which will be fed back to the practice. The results will be used to help the practice plan and prioritise areas for the practice to develop and improve in the future. Results of the survey will be posted on our website.
- Contact details of its members will be kept safely and securely, and will only be used for this purpose;
- Membership of the group will have no impact on your medical care, in any way;
- Members can choose to leave the group whenever they wish.